Congratulations on committing to a cleanse! Please review below and remember these are only suggestions... it is best to make the cleanse your own and do what works for you. For example, if you are used to a big breakfast, you may want to start with the nut mylk since it is heavier. On the other hand, if you are trying to change habits and move your eating from light to heavy, try our suggestions. The suggested order is listed in the product description, but please remember, the order is not crucial! The most important aspect of your cleanse is that you are giving your digestion a rest and flooding your body with accessible nutrients. As always, feel free to call Customer Care at 301-246-0509 if you need anything at all. Happy Cleansing!
Recommendations for implementing 1-3 days prior to a cleanse (do one or as many as you can!)
- Try to eliminate or minimize intake of all animal proteins.
- Try to eliminate or minimize all dairy products.
- Try to eliminate or minimize all soy products.
- Try to eliminate all fried foods.
- Eliminate processed foods.
- Cut back on sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
- Drink 4-6 16oz glasses of water per day.
During Your Cleanse
- Upon rising drink 1 glass filtered water with fresh lemon; first juice can be enjoyed 30 minutes after water.
- Juices and mylks are enjoyed 2 - 2 1/2 hours apart, or as needed.
- Prescribed medications should not be stopped without consulting your doctor.
- supplements may be stopped during a 3 day cleanse or more
- Water anytime as needed throughout the cleanse, but preferably 30 minutes before or after juice.
- Herbal tea can be enjoyed throughout the day (no caffeine), preferably 30 minutes before or after a juice.
- Your BreakFAST ideally is a green juice or smoothie, second option is very light breakfast of fresh fruit, coconut yogurt, raw granola, chia pudding, or similar option
- Lunch can be a salad or other raw or lightly steamed or sauteed veggie dish, or vegetarian soup.
- Dinner can be cooked vegetables and clean grains such as millet, quinoa, or amaranth.
- A great way to keep fresh raw juice in your wellness plan is to substitute snacks and afternoon coffee with a green or roots juice.
- Try to stay vegetarian or vegan for 3 days after your cleanse.
- Continue daily exercise.
- Continue drinking lots of water.
Recommended additions to improve your detox process
- Dry brush the body am/pm to remove toxins from the skin, 5 minutes 2x per day. Brushes are available online; any high quality natural body brush is fine.
- Sweat daily, access a sauna or steam room shower for 20 minutes
- Exercise daily, mild to moderate exercise to get your lymphatic system moving, but don't do more exercise than you usually do. If this is your first cleanse, keep the movement very gently until you are sure how you feel.
- Yoga and any other spiritual practice which helps to calm and clear the mind will aid in the cleansing process
- Any high quality salt bath, with only natural fragrance or essential oils
- Get plenty of rest.
- Move in the fresh air.
- Savor each drink… it is so natural, clean, refreshing, delicious and nutritious.
- Take your juice with you in a cooler bag so it is always handy and you won’t be tempted or left hungry. Or bring it with you slightly slushy if you don't have a cooler bag and it will be ready for you after defrosting a little more!
- Be in awe of how little your body actually needs to sustain itself and relish in the light, clear feeling.
- Don’t worry, your favorite food will be waiting for you! (if you still want it)
- If you are really hungry or uncomfortable you eating small amounts of the following, is totally ok. Eating will only slow down the detox process and it is better to feel good rather than suffer! Food in preferential order to eat during a cleanse is: fresh whole food vegan smoothie (may use Puree juice or nut mylk as base), blended vegan soup, non-blended vegan soup, raw vegetable, raw fruit, fresh salad with lemon and healthy fat and oil, chia pudding or chia drink, small handful of raw nuts, raw vegan chocolate, raw vegan food item from any high quality juice bar or restaurant, small handful of roasted nuts, roasted or lightly cooked vegetables.